The British Warm is designed after coats worn by the British Army - mainly officers - in the Second World War.
The default coat; more on the casual side. A shorter, lighter and sometimes unlined version is at times called Foley Coat. The Standard Overcoat can come as a raincoat in Gabardine or
other water-repellent material
- CUT: standard, not slim. Single-breasted usually.
- SEAMS, FRONT DARTS: front darts often added for fit; buttoned closure.
- VENTS: single back centre vent.
- BELT: no belt.
- LAPEL: notch lapel.
- COLLAR: standard collar, no cape.
- CUFFS: buttoned cuffs.
- POCKETS : straight or diagonal, sometimes flap pockets; a ticket pocket and a chest pocket, which may be
welted, is optional.
- LENGTH: mid thing, or knee-length or up to a few inches below the knee.
- MATERIAL WEIGHT: mid-heavy.