A utilitarian overcoat. Designed to keep warm in open cars or open convertibles, when no waking is expected. It short length makes not useful in bad weather as the lower half of the
body gets wet.
- CUT: slight A-line fit to be comfortable and giving movability. Single-breasted, buttoned or with a flat front
placket. One-piece back.
- SEAMS, FRONT DARTS: usually missing.
- VENTS: no vent in the back.
- BELT: no belt.
- LAPEL: notch lapel.
- COLLAR: straight collar, no cape.
- CUFFS: simple and unbuttoned.
- POCKETS : diagonal front pockets with front welts.
- LENGTH: hip-length
- MATERIAL WEIGHT: heavy material.