A shorter business-style overcoat of French origin in its style. At the beginning of the last century in Britain it was regarded as a top coat, as it is often lighter in material. The colour is plain and dark; black is the most common one, but navy blue and dark gray are good too. A black paletot can be worn with black tie when the weather is dry and not too cold.
- CUT: flat back, fitted or semi-fitted. No belt.
- DOUBLE BREASTED with 6x2 buttons; top buttons have a wider distance and remain unbuttoned..
- SEAMS, FRONT DARTS: no front seams; side seams are usually present.
- VENTS: No vents, except very short back ones.
- LAPELS: peaked lapels.
- POCKETS: flap or slip pockets, aligned with the middle buttons.
- LENGTH: above knee or just up to the knee.
- MATERIAL WEIGHT: not too heavy; it is originally more of a topcoat..
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.