For the outdoors, incl. hunting in the covered (covert) bushes, originally, made from particularly sturdy tweed material called covert cloth . The colour is green/fawn/brown, lighter or darker.
A bit like a Chesterfield in some aspects.
- SEAMS, FRONT DARTS: single breasted with a fly front.
- LAPEL: notch lapels.
- COLLAR: velvet or covert cloth.
- CUFFS: 4-5 lines of stitching at the cuffs and hem, and on the flap of the chest pocket -
the latter is optionally.
- POCKETS: two flap pockets, and a ticket pocket that is optional. Also a big inside
poacher's pocket, this hidden pocket is typical for this type of overcoat.
- LENGTH: above the knee or just to the knee, covering the jacket.
- MATERIAL WEIGHT: heavy covert cloth.